By Larry Kerschberg (auth.), Carol Small, Paul Douglas, Roger Johnson, Peter King, Nigel Martin (eds.)
This e-book comprises the refereed complaints of the fifteenth British nationwide convention on Databases, BNCOD 15, held in London, in July 1997.
The 12 revised complete papers provided have been chosen from greater than 30 submissions. additionally incorporated are 10 poster shows and the invited lecture at the position of clever software program brokers in complex details platforms by means of Larry Kerschberg. The papers are equipped in topical sections on transaction processing, optimization, object-orientation and the web, and database integration.
Read Online or Download Advances in Databases: 15th British National Conference on Databases, BNCOD 15 London, United Kingdom, July 7–9, 1997 Proceedings PDF
Similar computers books
This ebook constitutes the refereed complaints of the fifth foreign convention on Formal idea research, ICFCA 2007, held in Clermont-Ferrand, France in February 2007. the nineteen revised complete papers awarded including 1 invited lecture have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen for inclusion within the booklet.
"MindShare books are severe within the figuring out of complicated technical themes, corresponding to PCI show three. zero structure. a lot of our clients and companions rely on those books for the luck in their initiatives. " Joe Mendolia - vice chairman, LeCroy PCI show three. zero is the most recent new release of the preferred peripheral interface present in nearly each laptop, server, and business laptop.
- Low-Power Design Techniques and CAD Tools for Analog and RF Integrated Circuits
- Attention in Cognitive Systems. Theories and Systems from an Interdisciplinary Viewpoint: 4th International Workshop on Attention in Cognitive Systems, WAPCV 2007 Hyderabad, India, January 8, 2007 Revised Selected Papers
- À la découverte du Raspberry Pi
- Futures Past: Thirty Years of Arts Computing (Intellect Books - Computers and the History of Art)
- Mathematical Modelling and Computers in Endocrinology
Additional resources for Advances in Databases: 15th British National Conference on Databases, BNCOD 15 London, United Kingdom, July 7–9, 1997 Proceedings
With complete tuple logging, the log processing thread will have access to all attributes of the tuple, and as will be shown below, this can be exploited to optimize query execution. 4 Note that if before-images of all relevant attributes are available in the updatetable, the compensation can be made without synchronizing with the log processing thread. Processing more log records will in this case never change the entry in the update-table. If the relations is scanned using a secondary index, the state identifiers of the index blocks must be used.
37 15. Christos A. Polyzois and Hector Garcia-Molina. Evaluation of remote backup algorithms for transaction-processing systems. A CM Transactions on Database Systems, 19(3):423-449, September 1994. 16. M. Pratt et al. 1. Product documentation Part No. A21903-2, ORACLE Corporation, 500 Oracle Parkway, Redwood City, CA, USA, 1995. 17. •ystein Torbjcrnsen. Multi-Site Deelustering Strategies for Very High Database Service Availability. PhD thesis, The Norwegian Institute of Technology,University of Trondheim, January 1995.
10. Svein-Olaf Hvasshovd, Oystein Torbjcrnsen, Svein Erik Bratsberg, and Per Holager. A highly available, real-time database system for telecom applications. In Information Network and Data Communication, pages 234-245. Chapman and Hall ltd, June 1996. 11. Informix. 1. Product documentation Part No. , 4100 Bohannon Drive, Menlo Park, CA, USA, December 1994. 12. Inhwan Lee and Ravishankar K. Iyer. Software dependability in the Tandem GUARDIAN system. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 21(5):455-467, May 1995.
Advances in Databases: 15th British National Conference on Databases, BNCOD 15 London, United Kingdom, July 7–9, 1997 Proceedings by Larry Kerschberg (auth.), Carol Small, Paul Douglas, Roger Johnson, Peter King, Nigel Martin (eds.)