By Monir Ahmed
Read or Download BSc in Medical Technology (Laboratory Medicine) Part-I PDF
Best medical books
Here's a vast evaluate of the primary themes and matters in molecular biology and molecular medication, with up-to-the minute information regarding advancements within the box together with pharmacogenics and pharmacoproteomics, gene remedy and gene legislation. awarded in an obtainable A to Z layout, the Encyclopedia’s greater than 2000 entries are written via best specialists in genomics and proteomics.
In 1969 the 1st variation of this ebook brought the options of statistics and their scientific software to readers with out formal education during this region. whereas holding this simple target, the authors have accelerated the assurance in every one next variation to maintain velocity with the expanding use and class of statistics in scientific examine.
Andrew Thompson, Norman J. Temple We people are a rare species. one in every of our best achievements is the advance of morality, of a feeling of correct and incorrect. We articulate after which impose this sensitivity upon ourselves within the type of moral guidance, principles, laws, and legislation. now we have, unfortunately, additionally built marvelously smart methods of justifying our habit every time it runs afoul of those prescriptions.
This ebook, the 1st to target the combination of the Gulf Coast, is Dr. Gilbert R. Mason's eyewitness account of harrowing episodes that happened there in the course of the civil rights stream. Newly opened via courtroom order, records from the Mississippi Sovereignty Commission's mystery documents improve this riveting memoir written by way of a tremendous civil rights determine in Mississippi.
- Ultrasound Imaging - Medical Applications
- Encyclopedia of Pharmaceutical Technology
- Medical Images: Formation, Handling and Evaluation
- The Medical Device R D Handbook (no chap 3)
- Dictionary of Food Science and Nutrition
- Medical Billing and Coding For Dummies
Additional info for BSc in Medical Technology (Laboratory Medicine) Part-I
2. 3. 4. 5. Functions of surfactant: Reduction of surface tension. Increase in alveolar radius. Reduction of pulmonary capillary infiltration which helps to prevent pulmonary oedema. Stabilization of the alveoli. Surfactant keeps the lungs from collapsing. Q-6. Give the composition and functions of saliva, gastric juice and pancreatic juice. Answer. Composition of Saliva: A. 5% B. 5% 1. 3%): a. Enzymes- Ptyalin (salivary alpha-amylase), lingual lipase, carbonic anhydrase phosphatase, lysozymes.
Com C. Classification on predominant function1. g. milk, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, pulses etc. 2. g. cereals, sugars, fats and oils etc. 3. g. vegetables, fruits, milk etc. Vitamins: Vitamins are low molecular weight mass organic compounds occurring in natural foods, which are required in minute amounts for the maintenance of optimal health. Classification of vitamins: Vitamins are classified into two broad groups as below1. g. Vitamin A, D, E, K. 2. g. Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C. 1. 2. 3. 4.
Cyclops- Guinea worm, Fish tape worm. B. Non-infective water borne diseases (or, chemical hazards)1. Salts of Pb, Zn, Fe may cause constipation and Fe may also cause dyspepsia. 2. Prolonged use of water containing Pb salt causes Plumbism. 3. Salts of magnesium and aluminium may cause diarrhoea. 4. Excess fluoride may cause dental fluorosis. 5. Excess of phosphorus causes phosphorus poisoning. 6. Rotten vegetable materials may cause diarrhoea and also causes some gastro-intestinal disorders. netMonir Ahmed.
BSc in Medical Technology (Laboratory Medicine) Part-I by Monir Ahmed